Under general supervision, Lift Truck Operator, Warehouse Worker will ensure safe and accurate receipt, storage, and shipment of food products utilizing equipment including, forklift, clamp truck and radio frequency equipment.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold.
- Load and unload freight using equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
- Move product to storage areas with proper equipment.
- Efficiently stack and safely store the merchandise in the designated area.
- Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
- Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage and infestation.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner, which promotes safety.
- As directed by management, perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently
- Promptly Report all safety malfunctions on equipment.
- Comply with OSHA standards.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment.
- Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
- Charge or change forklift battery as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned, may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Tools and Technology:
- Computer, Warehouse management system and related components, sit down lift truck.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires ability to work independently
- May work overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work, as directed and authorized by management
- Requires the ability to pay close attention to details and to meet deadlines.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, or at least one year related work experience.
- Apply in person at the Port of Morrow Freezer Warehouse facility, located at 73336 Lewis and Clark Drive, Boardman, OR.