WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
The Port of Morrow is looking for Workforce Development/Training Coordinator to serve as a liaison between Port of Morrow industries and educators including: Blue Mountain Community College, Eastern Oregon University, Intermountain Education Service District, and Morrow County and Ione School Districts. The main purpose of the Workforce Development Coordinator is to connect Morrow County Employers and residents with programs and services, especially those opportunities leading to employment in local industry, acting as a clearing house for workforce training and development programs.
Community Outreach and Relationship Development
- Create and maintain relationships with private companies and organizations involved with workforce training and development, networking with industry and education partners.
- Act as a liaison between local organizations, businesses, representatives of local government and industry, and individuals concerning employment and training opportunities for residents.
- Plan, organize, and participate in outreach events for different populations to promote job training and employment opportunities. Participates in public outreach activities such as job fairs, workshops, and community meetings.
Program Liaison and Referrals
- Refer residents to appropriate community organizations and educational institutions offering job training, apprenticeships, workforce readiness training, career development, and job search assistance.
- Connect residents with public and private entities that provide training and support services to support individuals in completing apprenticeship and training requirements leading to employment.
Communication Development and Forecast Future Opportunities
- Develop a wide range of materials and media to promote training and development opportunities, including a strong online presence using social media.
- Monitor all available training and apprenticeship programs, including barriers to enrollment in these programs and post-completion challenges to employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, human resources, public policy, urban studies, or a related field.
- Two years of professional experience in workforce development, training, community outreach or public relations.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of workforce development and workforce training programs.
- Knowledge of urban economic and social issues related to employment.
- Computer skills to create reports, business correspondence and presentations using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively develop and maintain strong working relationships with diverse individuals internally and externally to the organization.
- Oral and written communication skills to communicate program expectations to community partners and potential participants.
- Ability to learn and use web management software.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with members of community organizations, private employers, educational institutions, members of the media, and others.
- Ability to make presentations to community groups of varying sizes using media appropriate for the audience.
- Ability to recruit residents to participate in programs.
- Ability to create a strong online presence using social media.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will consist of one or more of the following: an evaluation of related education, experience and accomplishments, written tests, interview, or other assessment methods. Information from the selection process will be used to make a hiring decision.
Resumes are required and should be attached to the application.
The Port of Morrow is located at 2 Marine Drive, Boardman, OR 97818.
You may email your application and resume to HR@portofmorrow.com or mail them to Port of Morrow HR Department, P.O. Box 200, Boardman, OR 97818.